The WINTER 2023/2024 Ambassador Search is officially closed!
Thanks to everyone who applied. Stay tuned to instagram to meet our new class!
WHO YOU ARE
You are a talented digital content creator with a passion to explore, especially in the snow! 😉 While playing outside is your MO, you are keen to share your adventures through reels and photos to inspire others to get after it every season of the year. You are creative and social media savvy and constantly think of fun ideas for your next great reel or Instagram story. You are social, connect with people easily, and are the first person to welcome someone new into the group because you believe that there are no strangers, only friends you have not yet met.
We are searching for adventurous ambassadors across Alberta and British Columbia to spend five months working with us as part-time freelance creative brand ambassadors. In exchange for capturing incredible photos and reels to share on our feed, we will hook you up with a monthly stipend as well as a healthy cocktail budget to share our Pacific Coast Cocktails with your community.
You will be responsible for showcasing all the ways you are #compelledtoexplore our rugged Canadian backyard. You will seek out opportunities to engage with other adventurers and share your stories, and theirs, via our social feeds. You will always be representing The Strait and Narrow as a respectful, compassionate, thoughtful, friendly, kind, and sustainably-minded adventurer.
- 2 Reels + 1 TikTok
- 2 matching story sets to go with your reels
- Image and video clip bank (Photo & video clip asset library, edited to match the S&N aesthetic (bright, colourful, portrait orientation product shots). Please avoid cell phone photography, cell phone video clips are fine)
- 4 carousel posts of 3 assets each. (12 assets total, can be a mix of images and video clips). Each carousel post should look like they are from different locations, and each set should include minimum 1 product shot.
- Twice a month 1-hour team meeting/happy hour (to share tales of past and upcoming adventures, discuss content creation ideas, and share a laugh and a Pacific Coast Cocktail with the team)
What you get in return each month
Our ambassador program is a chance to connect with like-minded creatives in a cooperative space designed to help elevate your content creation skills. Our monthly meetings offer a chance to share knowledge, improve skills and gain experience following content briefs for brands online. We strive to help our ambassadors reach new audiences and find future brand partnerships once their contracts are over.
Monthly Benefits to You
- You’ll get to be part of our rad little team of adventurers!
- $1000 pay per month
- A $250 Pacific Coast Cocktail budget
- Invites on local team adventures in your area
- S&N Gear (it’s Canadian-made, sustainable, and oh so sweet)
HOW TO APPLY
We want you to show us how you are #compelledtoexplore. Demonstrate to us that you are an effective storyteller who understands social media as a medium for inspiring others to get after it.
- Show us your reel skills: Create a short reel (30 seconds or less) showing us the kind of content you would create for The Strait and Narrow. Be sure to tag us @thestraitandnarrow and use the hashtag #compelledtoexplore
- Show off your photography: Tag us in three-story slides that showcase your photo skills. Bonus points if they include our product or an adventure 😉. Be sure to tag us @thestraitandnarrow in each of your slides and save the story as “S&N Application” highlight on your page.
- Complete and submit the form below.
* Note for us to view your application, you must have a public Instagram page
Tips From Our Team
- Video tips: Camera-quality video is not required. We’re on the hunt for authentic “living the brand” content. Both cell phone & camera quality footage is fine by us, we’re looking for storytelling and clips filmed with a creative eye.
- Want to use our gifs? You can search “Strait and Narrow” on GIPHY in the Instagram app to view our collection of gifs
- In addition to your web-submitted application, we will be evaluating your S&N story slides and reel application by the following metrics: creativity, brand alignment, quality, and storytelling.
- Your personal follower count does not determine the grading of your application. If you’re a strong content creator, please apply!
Did you upload your story and post to instagram? make sure to do so to complete your application!!