The Strait & Narrow Pacific Coast Cocktails are looking to add an Ontario Market Development Manager to our team!
Our craft brand is heavily rooted in the Pacific coast. Launched in April 2020, we wanted to create a refreshing beverage to help celebrate and reflect after a long hike, surf session, trail ride, or the many other incredible adventures we are so fortunate to experience in our beautiful backyard; this is not only the inspiration behind our branding and design, but the blueprint for everything we do. Using local ingredients, partnering with local organizations in our communities, and engaging with like-minded adventurers is the foundation for all our marketing and business decisions. Our team is extremely passionate about growing our brand with a strong focus on the quality of our liquid, a dedication to local partnerships, and a clear connection to the pacific coast lifestyle. Our focus on quality, lifestyle, and building an authentic brand separate us from the market. We love what we do, and we are looking for someone to join our team who has a positive attitude, strong desire to learn and contribute, and a passion to be part of a growing company in a very fast-paced and competitive segment of the market.
We are seeking an Ontario Market Development Manager to join our growing team! Our premium brand is in rapid growth mode in a highly competitive industry. As a lifestyle brand, and a proven market leader in our category, our innovative growth strategy and personal connections with our consumers are driving our growth. There is significant market share opportunity for our brand in our current western markets, and we also have aggressive plans in place for expanding in Ontario in 2023. To coincide with our launch in the LCBO, we have a new Ontario-based role with the responsibilities of supporting our in-market strategies as well as focusing on direct consumer engagement initiatives.
Our ideal candidate is highly effective at time management and has a strong understanding of how and where to prioritize their efforts to ensure they can achieve maximum brand growth. Most importantly, they have the drive to be a part of a team that is passionate, determined, and focused on building on the momentum of our western market-leading premium brand in Ontario.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Local brand representative supporting our selling agency in Ontario
- Educate selling team, LCBO staff, and consumers on all aspects of our brand – authenticity, quality, brand identity
- In-market brand support and occasional travel days with sales team
- Support relationships with key decision makers at top retail and on-premise locations
- Analysis of Ontario sales and distribution reports to identify opportunities Consumer Engagement:
- Corporate Partnerships – identify, build and maintain relationships with relevant corporate partners, outside of the liquor industry, that align with our adventure-based outdoor community
- Identify and manage events and consumer groups in Ontario that align with our brand strategy
- Identify relevant S&N target consumers via social media and in person, and build relationships to support our brand
- Plan, support, and execute community sampling events
- Manage and execute mailout campaigns to Ontario influencers
- Content creation – work with local partners and ambassadors to support Ontario based content creation
- Strong interpersonal skills; energetic, positive, and professional
- Proven ability to exercise good judgment & show initiative
- Passion to learn, and a willingness to approach the market with unique strategies
- Excellent time management skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Desire to be part of a small team where everyone’s input is required and valued
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and/or independently with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing priorities with an openness to assist wherever needed
- Strong understanding and familiarity with social media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for our brand and the outdoor lifestyle
Added bonus if you have the following:
- Experience in the liquor industry, preferably in Ontario – strongly preferred
- Photography and/or videography skills including editing
- Existing relationships with outdoor brands and content creators
Diversity and inclusion are core values at The Strait and Narrow. We believe the power of diversity enriches all of us by exposing us to a range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and build our community. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds with a keen interest for our team to be more representative of all sections of society. We strongly believe that both the outdoors and our cocktails are for everyone.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Are you located in Toronto or surrounding area?
- sales & marketing within the liquor industry: 3 years (preferred)
- Driving Licence and vehicle (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (preferred)
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.