The Strait & Narrow Pacific Coast Cocktails are the newest trail-ready refreshment. Available in three unique flavours, each made with a custom handcrafted gin and locally sourced botanicals. Our brand is in rapid growth mode, led by direct connections with our consumers. We are seeking an entrepreneurial, energetic, and strategic sales professional to support the launch and growth of our brand in Alberta.
The Alberta Market Development Manager will be responsible for executing a strategic sales and promotional plan to build the presence of our brand in Alberta, while supporting consumer engagement. The ideal candidate will be a natural leader, a proven lead generator and will have excellent interpersonal, written and presentation skills. They will be responsible for consumer research, supporting our launch strategy, prioritizing key customers and influencer groups, securing new business relationships, supporting consumer engagement promotions in-store and on-line, analyzing sales statistics to maximize productivity, developing and managing budgets, and managing inventory and logistics in Alberta.
The position’s key areas of responsibility and accountability are as follows:
- Partner with our brand and consumer engagement teams to support connections with consumers in Alberta
- Educate customers and consumers on The Strait and Narrow – authenticity, unique gins and craft credentials, lifestyle branding, connections with consumers
- Identify and target accounts for market penetration to reach our target consumer group, developing a strategic approach by maximizing brand synergies and creating consumer pull
- Create and manage distribution plan and grow brand velocity through distribution in strategic accounts and consumer awareness
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborating on brand building strategies with the Brand and Consumer Engagement teams
- Identify and execute new business opportunities in the market
- Identify and support connections with key brand influencers and consumer groups
- Educate our customers and retailers on our brand qualities and how it relates to our core consumer.
- Prioritize key customers, maximizing return on time spent in market
- Develop and maintain relationships with all relevant key retailers in Alberta
- Develop and manage territory forecast and trade plan.
- Monitor and report competitive activity within Alberta
- Travel throughout Alberta and visit large customers/distributors on a recurring basis.
- Merchandise to minimize out-of-stocks, ensure ideal placement, build displays and ensure appropriate pricing / shelf tags, etc.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly reviews of sales and marketing activity effectiveness, identifying sales and distribution gaps and reacting to them rapidly.
- Maintain accurate records for retail and on-premise distribution, and competitive activity and pricing.
- Large focus on developing relationships with the “right” accounts (i.e. Craft focused)
- Sales experience with a fast-growth alcoholic beverage brand in Alberta
- Experience in Social Media and consumer engagement an asset
- Successful track record of driving sales within a high-growth environment that meets or exceeds sales targets on a year-over-year basis
- Background with a brand and consumer driven approach vs. sales and promotion
- Experience selling in diverse sales channels / environments:
- Craft focussed specialty Independents
- Grocery Chains
- Liquor retail chains in Alberta
- Financial, analytical, mathematical problem-solving skills. Looking for someone who goes to the data to find answers to business challenges.
- Post secondary education required
- A passion for our brand and the outdoor lifestyle it represents
- Relentless focus on maintaining brand integrity
- Desire to create brand loyalty from manufacturer to consumer
- Collaborative, open, flexible
- Thrives in a “do-what-it-takes” start-up environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit; “owns” accountabilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management, organization and attention to detail, with the ability to effectively implement process
- Willing to travel throughout Alberta to ensure key customer relationships are built and maintained
To apply on this exciting opportunity, please send your resume to Sarah Elliot, Recruiter at: [email protected]
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.