Location: Sidney, BC
Standard work week: Saturday – Wednesday to support social media coverage and event participation (with ample flexibility)
The Strait & Narrow Pacific Coast Cocktails are a category-defining trail-ready refreshment. Available in eight unique flavours, each made with a custom handcrafted gin or vodka and locally sourced botanicals.
Our craft brand is heavily rooted in the Pacific coast. We wanted to create a refreshing beverage to help celebrate and reflect after a long hike, surf session, trail ride, or the many other incredible adventures we are so fortunate to experience in our beautiful backyard; this is not only the inspiration behind our branding and design but the blueprint for everything we do. Using local ingredients, partnering with BC-based companies, and engaging with like-minded adventurers with value alignment is the foundation for all our marketing and business decisions.
Our team is extremely passionate about growing our brand with a strong focus on the quality of our liquid, a dedication to local partnerships, and a clear connection to the Pacific Coast lifestyle. Our focus on quality, lifestyle, and building an authentic brand separate us from the market. We love what we do, and we are looking for someone to join our team who has a positive attitude, strong desire to learn and contribute, and a passion to be part of a growing company in a very fast-paced and competitive segment of the market.
Our brand is in rapid growth mode, led by direct connections with our consumers. We are looking to grow our team with a new role to support growth plans through social media and consumer engagement, as well as supporting retail and on-premise account relationships on Vancouver Island, and throughout BC, as required. You must be highly effective at time management, self-driven and self-motivated, be an excellent communicator with strong writing skills. Most importantly, you must possess the drive to be a part of a team that is passionate, determined, and focused on continuing to build a market-leading premium brand in BC, Alberta, and beyond. There is significant opportunity for growth in this role as our brand continues to expand. This role will work a Saturday – Wednesday schedule to assist us with weekend coverage of social media channels and events (with ample flexibility).
Responsibilities & Duties
- Create, edit, publish, and share engaging content across all social media channels;
- Ensure all social media content meets The Strait and Narrow branding in terms of engagement, voice behind the brand and creative/visual style;
- Assist in the planning and maintenance of a social content calendar across all social media channels;
- Assist in crafting key brand messaging;
- Identify new and emerging social media channels to consider;
- Identify and partner with influencers who share our love of adventure and exploration and high-quality products to expand our reach and increase brand consideration;
- Identify local communities and businesses for potential collaborations;
- Identify social content collaboration and takeover opportunities with existing partners;
- Communicate with our community by engaging with comments and responding to private messages in a timely manner;
- Support events and initiatives across AB and BC driven by the brand team;
- Represent the brand in person at in-store tastings and events.
- Prioritize key customers for brand fit;
- Establish effective market coverage and sales call routine;
- Educate customers on all aspects of our brand – authenticity, quality, brand identity;
- Build distribution and volume through all channels;
- Assume full responsibility for market brand representation;
- Review sales data and target high volume opportunities;
- Merchandising and in-store ambassador sampling;
- Regular updates and feedback to the team on market activity and customer feedback.
- A passion for our brand and the Pacific coast lifestyle
- Desire to be part of a small team where everyone’s input is required and valued
- Ability to exercise good judgment & show initiative
- Passion to learn, and a willingness to approach our community with unique strategies
- Excellent time management skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and/or independently with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing priorities with an openness to assist wherever needed
- Strong interpersonal skills; energetic, positive, and professional
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Valid BC Driver’s License (with clean abstract)
- Valid Serving it Right Certificate (or the ability to get it immediately upon hire)
- Nice to have: photography and/or videography skills
Diversity and inclusion are core values at The Strait and Narrow. We believe the power of diversity enriches all of us by exposing us to a range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and build our community. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds with a keen interest for our team to be more representative of all sections of society. We strongly believe that both the outdoors and our cocktails are for everyone.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 19th.